Monday, June 05, 2006

In Kuwait


Friends;

I am writing from the post Chapel at Camp Buehring in Kuwait. I arrived here after a 13 hour plane ride that went through Bangor, Maine and Leipziig, Germany. I was only 50 kilometers south of Wittenberg, the home of Martin Luther and the Reformation. I was so jazzed about being there. I realized that my army training for most of May had drained my creativity and pastoral spirit. I feel they are returning now. I am getting ready for a real world mission. Almost ready that is, I have a few training days here before I go to Iraq. Has anyone ever told you that Iraq is hot, very hot! It was 52 degrees in Leipzig, it is over 110 here now. It is quite an adjustment. The desert here reminds of the biblical notion of desert, a place of rebirth and refreshment. The desert has renewed the church over the ages and I see my time in the desert as a time of renewal, for myself and for those whom I serve.

This is definitely a war zone. We travel in military convoys and security is high, and we haven't even entered Iraq as yet. I look forward to the challenge, many blessings and peace to you.

Dave

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave,

Just received the newsletter with this blog address. We are holding you, your family and those you serve in prayer!

Peace & grace,

Stephanie & St. Paul's UMC

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

1:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rev. David, I have to tell you after reading your Devotion and for you to make reference to Dr. Martin Luther and the Reformation way over there, what a blessing.

My prayers are for you and all who serve our nation I am so proud to be an American.

This is Betty, your brother Gary's secretary, Blessing to you and God bless each and everyone. Love in Christ.......Betty

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home