Thursday, June 01, 2006

Ready to Go

I am writing this blog to share with you my destination in Iraq. It is Forward Operating Base Speicher. (FOB Speicher). Here is where it is on the map.





We are being asked by our leadership to not disclose any details about our location. You can find a lot online about the place, which is okay. We are sending folk from here to several different locations in Iraq and Afghanistan. Our engineers will be working on projects in all of these places. It is my understanding that I will be traveling with them to various locations to visit our folk and give them a boost. There is a very good feeling around our barracks as we have completed training and are so ready to launch out on our next adventure.

To the best of my knowledge I will be traveling through Iceland and Turkey en route to Kuwait. I will probably be at Kuwait for 3-5 days before I head to Iraq.

I shared with the Squadron leadership last night at our staff meeing an incident that happened just before I came here. I was in a meeting of the Regional Prevention Center. The subject of my deployment came up and Liz McGinnis said, "Thank you for going to preserve my freedom." I stated that her thanks is echoed by millions in our nation who realize that radical Islam is a threat to freedom in America and across the world. The radical agenda is world domination. Our commander said, "Well said, Chaplain." All were moved. I thank yo for yor support, I appreciate your prayer and will be in touch about how you can support those whom I serve in the desert.

Peace be with you!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have so many people praying for you and for all our troops, Dave. A mutual friend of ours emailed her concern and expressed her nervousness...which we all feel...about your destination. Just know that you will be covered by our daily and nightly prayers at all times. Go in Peace. Come home to all of us.

5:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pastor Dave: Just wanted to thank you and your family so very much for the sacrifices that you are making for the rest of us. You are in our thoughts and prayers. We know that the efforts being made on your part and the part of the other men and women in the military is for the freedom that we have and will continue to have.
Maxine was fortunate enough to go the Holy Land last year. Not only did it bring the Bible to life but it showed her how very blessed and fortunate we are to have what we do.

Gos's peace and blessing to you

Maxine and Wayne Williams

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home