Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Training in Wisconsin

I recieved this email today from Dad. A phone call from mom confirmed that the field training will mean no communication for awhile. Peace...Heidi

Today was a non training day as our folk are still arriving from around the US and Europe. We will begin taining in earnest tomorrow. We have a couple of days of classroom and then head out to the field for field training. Many of the guys will be taining on machine guns and we all will bed lelarning how to be in a convoy. It looks like what I said about being all around Iraq is accurate. I met the base chaplain today and he seemed to be willing to help. As it is, I am adjusting to the environment of full time military service. It is as I remembered it from Romania except it seems the troops here are younger. My commander, Col Hammock is very open to my role as a chaplain and willing to be helpful to me. That could really be valuable in the months to come. It really is going to be an adventure, I pray I can do some good. Many blessings to you and peace in our LORD.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, we'll make you our one exception to reading blogs---and be happy to do so.
You, Mary and your family already know how often our prayers are going out for all of you.
Stay well, know how proud we are of you. Ken and Loye

5:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave,
This is Trisha, Willy's sister. I too will remember you in my prayers.

Lord Bless You!

Trisha

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home