Monday, September 19, 2005

30 Years Ordained Service

Mary surprised me yesterday with a cake( to my right in the picture) and a cross to commemorate the 30 the Anniversary of my Ordination to the Lutheran Ministry. The picture is take in the library of St. Paul's in Wichita where I am currently serving. I had a choice a year ago to enter into hospital chaplaincy or take a major military deployment with the Air Guard. When it came down to it St. Paul's had interviewed me and it was clear to me that my call is to be a pastor. The 'Love the People" as my friend and colleague Dan Rieke told just before I graduated. Don't get me wrong, it has been challenging on many occasions but God's grace has been sufficient for me over the years. I feel so blessed to be in the service of Christ. With out question the best part of the work has been all the amazing people I have met over the years. What a ride it has been! God knows how it can be challenging for family to be in the public spot light. I have been blessed, richly blessed with an extraordinary journey partner in Mary and three creative and faith filled kids, Heidi, Ben and Kerry. God bless them for their partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. God bless you as you read this blog and live your journey in the wonder of God's presence! Let me share with you a close up of the cross Mary and the kids gave me. It is designed aroung Luther's Coat of Arms, and I think it is wonderful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home